skip navigation

Family Fun Day 2019

By Lakewood Little League Board of Directors, 04/30/19, 5:15PM PDT

Share

Dear Lakewood Little League Families:

 

Family Fun Day is this Sunday, May 5 from 9 am to 4 pm. This is a SUPER FUN day so don’t miss out! 

 

Here is some important information about the day:

 

What Do We Bring? –EZ Up, tables, chairs, ice chests, food, drinks, sunscreen.  Absolutely NO GRILLS are allowed by the City of Lakewood!  Players/children can bring bikes, scooters, gloves (with name on glove), wiffle balls, wiffle bats, etc.

 

Where Do I Set Up?-  Teams get there early (before 9 am) for the best spot around the outfield of the Middle Field.  Claim your spot early and let your team know where to meet you.   

 

Cake Walk Donations – We are looking for cake walk donations – cookies, cupcakes, muffins, donuts, cakes, and any other baked goods.  Please bring donations on Saturday to Snack Shack or Sunday at the event.  

 

Best of the League Salsa Contest– All entries into the best salsa contest should submit their entry by 12 noon on Sunday. The Lakewood Little League Board of Directors will judge the entries. Winner receives free Spring 2020 player registration.  

 

Adult Softball Tournament/Home Run Derby–  Starts at 9:30 am.  See rules below.  Team entry is $50.  First and second prize winners will win cash for team party.  

 

Raffle Basket– Raffle basket tickets will be sold for $1 at the event (cash only).  All money goes back to our fields and facilities.  Team moms – please make sure to drop off baskets to Sarah Rubio in advance. 

 

50/50 Raffle Tickets– Tickets will be sold for $1 at the event (cash only).  All money goes back to our fields and facilities.  

 

EZ UP/Pop Up Decorating Contest- Decorate your EZ/Up and win a $25 Smart N Final gift card for your team party and some Snack shack goodies.  

 

Any questions about Family Fun Day, please contact Nique Mendoza at 562-472-8697.

 

 Look forward to seeing you this weekend!

 

Sincerely,

Lakewood Little League Board of Directors

 

 

 

 

Family Fun Day Softball Tournament

 

  • Entry fee is $50 per team. Fees will be collected prior to the start of the tournament
  • The tournament will start at approximately 9:30 AM
  • The tournament will be Double-Elimination format
  • Teams will consist of a minimum of 10 players and a maximum of 14 players.
  • ONLY Parents, Grandparents, Managers, Coaches & Adult siblings of Lakewood Little League players are eligible to participate
  • Players may play on ONE team ONLY and cannot switch teams throughout the day, unless approved by Tournament Director (due to injury).
  • Signed waiver required to participate.
  • Must be 18 years old to participate NO Exceptions!
  • This is a co-ed tournament. 
  • There must be a minimum of 2 female players on the field at all times.
  • Team order will be drawn from a hat. The schedule will be generated from the order drawn. Team 1 plays Team 2, Team 3 plays Team 4 and down the line. If there is an odd number of Teams Team 1 and Team 2 will play first and the winning Team will move in the winners bracket
  • Teams pitch to their own team.
  • Maximum of 10 players on the field.  No more than 6 players in the infield and no more than 4 players in the outfield.
  • A coin toss will determine home/visitor.
  • The game will be 3 innings long.
  • Each Team is allowed to hit 3 home runs.  After both teams have hit 3 home runs, the 1-up rule will apply. This means any given team cannot have 1 more home run than the other team at any time.  Should an illegal home run be hit, the batter will be called out.
  • Batters will get 3 underhand pitches.  Any combination of missed pitches, pitches taken, or foul balls is an out.
  • The first place winning team will get 70% of half of the total fees the total fees collected The second place team will get the remaining 30% of half of the total fees collected

 

 

 

Family Fun Day Home Run Derby

 

  • Entry fee is $5 per person. Fees will be collected prior to the start of the derby
  • The derby will be midday at approximately 2 pm during the break in the softball tournament for Family Fun Day Games & Activities.
  • ONLY Parents, Grandparents, Managers, Coaches & Adult siblings of Lakewood Little League players are eligible to participate
  • Must be 18 years old to participate NO Exceptions!
  • The order of batters will be in the order the participants signed up
  • Batters will get 3 swings from underhand pitches.  Batters can take pitches without penalty.
  • Batters who hit at least one out of the three pitches over the outfield fence moves forward
  • Players will move forward until there is only one winner
  • The winner will get 50% of the total fees collected.