The Lakewood Little League Program is a nonprofit organization that builds leadership, learning skills, teamwork and discipline. We take pride in bringing together boys and girls from the city of Lakewood to learn life lessons through organized baseball. We encourage good sportsmanship and respect for our community and each other. We foster team unity and are focused on keeping youth sports in its proper perspective. All our volunteers are dedicated to making your child's experience a positive one.
NOW OPEN! - Click Spring 2019 Registration Link Below
We will only hold one Player Evaluation – Saturday, January 19.
All registered players, ages 6 and up, who plan to play Farm, Minor B, Minor A and Majors MUST attend. If your player does not attend the Evaluation, he/she will still get to play. However, your player’s name will be selected based on draft order for each baseball division.
There are no evaluations for players in the Coach Pitch (AGES 4-5) and Junior division (AGES 13-14). You will hear from your team manager by the first week of February. Practices will start in February and Opening Day/First Game is March 2.
Players should be dressed in baseball pants and wear cleats. They will be running around the bases. Please bring a glove, helmet and bat if you have one already. However, you will be able to borrow a helmet or bat if needed.
Please bring the following:
• Birth certificate for your player; copies are okay
• Registration payment (if you did not pay-online) - Teams will be selected on January 19 and you must pay by this date to confirm a spot on a team.
• $80 Snack Bar deposit (cash/check/money order) - During the spring season, each family is required to work two shifts (per player) in the snack shack. Each shift lasts approximately 2 ½ hours. Shifts will be available for sign up on March 2. Once your shifts are completed, your deposit will be returned to you.
PLAYER EVALUATION SCHEDULE
Saturday, January 19: 8 am – 4 pm
PLEASE ARRIVE 45 MINUTES BEFORE YOUR SCHEDULED TIME TO CHECK IN, PAY FEES, WARM UP OR REGISTER ONSITE
8:45 am 6 years old
9:45 am 7 years old
10:45 am 8 years old
11:45 am 9 years old
12:45 pm 10 years old
1:45 pm 11 years old
2:45 pm 12 years old
Player Evaluations will be held at the Middle Field at Rynerson Park: 20711 Studebaker Road, Lakewood, CA 90715
If you have any questions about Player Evaluations, please contact Marisa Perez at firstname.lastname@example.org
Calling all PROSPECTIVE Managers, Coaches, and Assistant Coaches! This includes returning managers and coaches.
If you plan to manage or coach a team this Spring, please attend a MANDATORYcoaches meeting this Tuesday, January 8 at 7 pmat
Cirivello's, 4115 N Viking Way, Long Beach, CA 90808.
Please bring COPIES of your:
1. Drivers License
2. Completed Little League Volunteer application found here:
3. Concussion Protocol Certificate (all coaches/managers must complete training on how to identify a concussion; training can be found here):
If you have any questions, please contact Erich Freudenthaler at email@example.com
Thank you and we look forward to a great season!
Lakewood Little League